Last updated on May 23, 2018
Family Time Malta (“we,” “us,” and “our,”) respect your privacy and is committed to protecting it through its compliance with its privacy policies. This policy describes:
- the types of information that we may collect from you when you access or use our websites, applications and other online services (collectively, referred as “Services”); and
- our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to the information Family Time Malta collects through its Services, in email, text and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with its Services.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that you provide to, or that is collected by any third-party, such as restaurants, at which you make reservations and/or pay through Family Time Malta’s Services and social networks that you use in connection with its Services. Family Time Malta encourages you to consult directly with such third-parties about their privacy practices.
If you reside in a country within the European Union/European Economic Area (EAA), Family Time Malta, Unipessoal LDA , located 23, Pietro Floriani Street, Floriana, FRN 1060, Malta, will be the controller of your personal data provided to, or collected by or for, or processed in connection with our Services. You can reach on us [ email@example.com]
Your data controller is responsible for the collection, use, disclosure, retention, and protection of your personal information in accordance with its privacy standards as well as any applicable data protection legislation. Family Time Malta may process and retain your personal information on its servers in Europe where its data centres are located, and/or on the servers of its third parties (in or outside India), having contractual relationships with Family Time Malta.
This policy may change from time to time, your continued use of Family Time Malta’s Services after it makes any change is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
The information we collect and how we use it
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including:
- Your Personal Information (“PI”) – Personal Information is the information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person whether from that data, or from the data and other information that we have, or is likely to have access to. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services and your usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us; and/or
- automatically as you navigate through our Services (information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies).
How we use the information we collect
The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Your account information: Your full name, email address, postal code, password and other information you may provide with your account, mobile phone number and website. Your profile picture that will be publicly displayed as part of your account profile. You may optionally provide us with this information through third-party sign-in services such as Facebook and Google Plus. In such cases, we fetch and store whatever information is made available to us by you through these sign-in services.
- Your preferences: Your preferences and settings such as time zone and language.
- Your content: Information you provide through our Services, including your reviews, photographs, comments, lists, followers, the users you follow, current and prior restaurant reservation details, food ordering details and history, favourite restaurants, special restaurant requests, contact information of people you add to, or notify of, your restaurant reservations through our Services, names, and other information you provide on our Services, and other information in your account profile.
- Your searches and other activities: The search terms you have looked up and results you selected.
- Your browsing information: How long you used our Services and which features you used; the ads you clicked on.
- Your communications: Public communications between you and other users or merchants through our Services; your participation in a survey, poll, sweepstakes, contest or promotion scheme; your consent for certain features (e.g., newsletters, updates or other products); your communication with us about employment opportunities posted to the services.
- Your transactional information: If you make reservations or purchases through our Services, we may collect and store information about you to process your requests and automatically complete forms for future transactions, including (but not limited to) your phone number, address, email, billing information and credit or payment card information. This information may be shared with third-parties which assist in processing and fulfilling your requests, including PCI compliant payment gateway processors. When you submit credit or payment card information, we encrypt the information using industry standard technologies, as further described below under “Payment Card Information.” If you write reviews about businesses with which you conduct transactions through our Services, we may publicly display information that you transacted with those businesses.
- Your Public Posts: You also may provide information (such as ratings, reviews, tips, photos, comments, likes, bookmarks, friends, lists, etc.) to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on publicly accessible areas of our Services, or transmitted to other users of our Services or third-parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable (see “Security” section below). Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of our Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We may display this information on the Services, share it with businesses, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services. You should be careful about revealing any sensitive details about yourself in such postings.
We use the information you provide to us to enhance the functionality and improve the quality of our Services, and to personalize your experience while using our Services. We also use this information to display relevant advertising, provide support to you, communicate with you, and comply with our legal obligations
Information about Your Messages
If you exchange messages with others through the Services, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow you to manage them, and investigate possible violations of our Terms of Service and wrongdoing in connection with the Services. If you send information from the Services to your mobile device via SMS text message, we may log your phone number, phone carrier, and the date and time that the message was processed. Carriers may charge recipients for texts that they receive.
We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices (including mobile devices) you use to access the Services, and about your use of the Services, even if you use the Services without registering or logging in.
- Usage information: Details of your use of our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through our Services.
- Computer and device information: Information about your computer, Internet connection and mobile device, including your IP address, operating systems, platforms, browser type, other browsing information (connection, speed, connection type etc.), device type, device’s unique device identifier, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored information and files: Our applications also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your mobile device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts and address book information.
- Location information: Our applications collect real-time information about the location of your device, as permitted by you.
- Last URL visited: The URL of the last web page you visited before visiting our websites.
- Mobile device IDs: Unique mobile device identifier (e.g. IDFA or other device IDs on Apple devices like the iPhone and iPad), if you’re using our Services on a mobile device, we may use mobile device IDs (the unique identifier assigned to a device by the manufacturer), instead of cookies, to recognize you. We may do this to store your preferences and track your use of our applications. Unlike cookies, mobile device IDs cannot be deleted. Advertising companies may use device IDs to track your use of our applications, track the number of advertisements displayed, measure advertising performance and display advertisements that are more relevant to you. Analytics companies may use mobile device IDs to track your usage of our applications.
- Your preferences: Your preferences and settings such as time zone and language.
- Your activity on the Services: Information about your activity on the Services, such as your search queries, comments, domain names, search results selected, number of clicks, pages viewed and the order of those pages, how long you visited our Services, the date and time you used the Services, error logs, and other similar information.
- Mobile status: For mobile application users, the online or offline status of your application.
- Applications: If you use the Family Time Malta application, Family Time Malta may collect information about the presence and/ or absence and/ or details pertaining to other applications on your mobile phone. The applications we gather information for, may vary across categories including, without limitation, shopping, fashion, food and travel. This will help us understand you and your preferences better and enable Family Time Malta to provide you with a personalized experience.
Precise Location Information and How to Opt Out
When you use one of our location-enabled services (for example, when you access Services from a mobile device), we may collect and process information about your mobile device’s GPS location (including the latitude, longitude or altitude of your mobile device) and the time the location information is recorded to customize the Services with location-based information and features (for example, to inform you about restaurants in your area or applicable promotions). Some of these services require your personal data for the feature to work and we may associate location data with your device ID and other information we hold about you. We keep this data for no longer than is reasonably necessary for providing services to you. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by disabling the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer’s instructions for further details.
Cookies and Other Electronic Tools
Information from Third Parties
We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as partners, marketers, third-party websites, and researchers, and combine that information with information which we collect from or about you.
Anonymous or De-Identified Data
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect from and about you for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Process and respond to your queries
- Understand our users (what they do on our Services, what features they like, how they use them, etc.), improve the content and features of our Services (such as by personalizing content to your interests), process and complete your transactions, and make special offers.
- Administer our Services and diagnose technical problems.
- Send you communications that you have consented or that may be of interest to you by way of emails, or courier, or registered post, or telephone calls, or any other mode of communication. We may also share your preferences or the Services availed by you with your network followers on Family Time Malta for marketing and other promotional activities of our Services.
- Send you questions from other users that you may be able to answer if you have registered with Family Time Malta.
- Enable us to show you ads that are relevant to you.
- Generate and review reports and data about, and to conduct research on, our user base and Service usage patterns.
- Administer contests and sweepstakes.
- Provide you with customer support.
- Provide you with policies about your account.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you about changes to our Services.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features offered through our Services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-party goods and services that may be of interest to you. This will only happen in the eventuality that you explicitly consent us to do so.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’/service providers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
How we share the information we collect
General Information Disclosures
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates, which are entities under common ownership or control of our ultimate parent company Family Time Malta Media Private Limited.
- To contractors, advertisers/service providers and other third-parties whom we use to support our business (e.g. dinner reservations and food delivery) and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Family Time Malta ‘s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Family Time Malta about the users of our Services are among the assets transferred.
- To third-parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to receive the promotional updates. We contractually require these third-parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfil the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- Service Providers. Should you have consented we may share your information with outside vendors that we use for a variety of purposes, such as to send you emails and messages on behalf of other Family Time Malta members, push notifications to your mobile device on our behalf, provide voice recognition services to process your spoken queries and questions, help us analyze use of our Services, and process and collect payments. Some of our products, services and databases are hosted by third party hosting services providers. We also may use vendors for other projects, such as conducting surveys or organizing sweepstakes for us. We may share information about you with these vendors only to enable them to perform their services.
- Social Networks. If you interact with social media features on our Services, such as the Facebook Like button, or use your social media credentials to log-in or post content, these features may collect information about your use of the Services, as well as post information about your activities on the social media service. Your interactions with social media companies are governed by their privacy policies.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Family time Malta, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Consent. We may share your information in any other circumstances where we have your consent.
Choices about how we use and disclose your information
When you sign up for an account, we request your consent to to receive emails from other Family Time Malta users, businesses, and Family Time Malta itself. You can log in to manage your email preferences and follow the “unsubscribe” instructions in commercial email messages.
If you fail to provide personal data which we need to collect by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or the contract we need to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with services or to inform you about changes in our policies). In such a case, we may have to cancel a service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Reviewing, changing or deleting information
If you would like to review, change or delete personal information we have collected from you, or permanently delete your account, please use the “Contact Us” link at the bottom of every page (also located here), or contact the Family Time Malta Data Protection Lead (DPL). We will entertain your request unless we do not have a legal reason to continue to process and hold your personal data.
Accessing & correcting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to accurately record the personal information that you provide to us and any subsequent updates.
We encourage you to review, update, and correct the personal information that we maintain about you, and you may request that we delete personal information about you that is inaccurate, incomplete, or irrelevant for legitimate purposes, or are being processed in a way which infringes any applicable legal requirement.
Your right to review, update, correct, and delete your personal information may be limited, subject to the law of your jurisdiction:
- If your requests are abusive or unreasonably excessive,
- Where the rights or safety of another person or persons would be encroached upon, or
- If the information or material you request relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between you and us, or providing access to you would prejudice negotiations between us or an investigation of possible unlawful activity. Your right to review, update, correct, and delete your information is subject to our records retention policies and applicable law, including any statutory retention requirements.
Security: How we protect your information
We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access to your information and to maintain data security. These safeguards take into account the sensitivity of the information that we collect, process and store and the current state of technology. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. The third party service providers with respect to payment gateway and payment processing are all validated as compliant with the payment card industry standard (generally referred to as PCI compliant service providers).
We assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond our control. You play an important role in keeping your personal information secure. You should not share your user name, password, or other security information for your account with anyone. If we receive instructions using your user name and password, we will consider that you have authorized the instructions
The Services are not intended for users under the age of 18, unless permitted under applicable local laws (Permissible Age). We do not knowingly collect any personal information from users or market to or solicit information from anyone under the Permissible Age. If we become aware that a person submitting personal information is under the Permissible Age, we will delete the account and any related information as soon as possible. If you believe we might have any information from or about a user under the Permissible Age, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Third party links and services
EU privacy/data protection rights
You can exercise your rights by raising a request directly at email@example.com or contact us at the information provided in CONTACT US section.
You have the right to complain to a supervisory authority if you feel that we have not responded to your requests to solve a problem. The supervisory authority in Malta is the Office of the Information and Data Protection Commissioner (IDPC) which is at Floor 2, Airways House, Triq il-Kbira, Tas-Sliema and can be reached on 2328 7100.
Data retention and account termination
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.